Sunday, September 21, 2008

11

So I tackled 11 miles today. After getting some advice for my nutrition strategy yesterday, I went with my 4 bottle belt, giving me about 24 oz of Powerade and 1 package of Shot Blox. I took a Shot Blox cube along with a swig of Powerade on odd miles and just a healthy drink of Powerade for the even miles. The strategy worked great. I was able to finish strong (last mile in 9:36) after averaging 11:12 for the rest. I felt a little sluggish at first but after about 3 miles, I started feeling better. My knees were hurting pretty severely after about 6 miles. Not really sure why since the 10 I did earlier this week didn't bring any knee pain. I'm a little sore but all in all, it was a good run and I was happy with it. It took me just over 2 hours total and my only stops were due to crossing streets. I'm 3.5 miles ahead of my target of running 100 miles in September as of today. I added the tally to the blog. A nice, easy 3 tomorrow to keep the legs working.

No comments: