Wednesday, September 24, 2008

More Nike+ Woes

So today I set out to do a little test for myself. I'm running a 10k on Saturday and wanted to see if it was even feasible for me to try to break the hour mark. I haven't run a mile in under 10 minutes for my training but I'm also not really pushing it too high into HR Zone 1. Anyway, I started out at an even pace and tried to hold it steady even though there are a lot of hills on my route (route map below). According to MapMyRun, I actually went 3.3 miles, even though Nike+ called it only 3. I finished 3.3 in 30:22, which is about 9:20 per mile, giving me some hope that I can break an hour in the 10K. I have 6 miles tomorrow but will try to really stay in HR Zone 1 and take it kind of easy so I'll be ready to go out strong on Saturday morning. In the meantime, it might be time for a Nike+ calibration. It seems to be off by more the faster I run, creating constant frustration.

No comments: