Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Sad Realization...

So after three weeks away from the blog and two weeks away from home, I put in a whopping 3 runs while away. Not so good for the training... I basically started all of October over this week - a two week jump backwards in my training schedule. It is what it is and I'm home now and back in the routine. Today was 6 miles following yesterday's 3. While out for my 6 today, came to a disheartening realization: my legs forgot how to run slowly and my lungs forgot how to run quickly. Bascially, I couldn't get my legs to go slowly enough to keep my heart rate down. I ended up averaging 170, which is 85% of MHR - barely in Z1. I've been in this place before, so I'm not too worried. The upside is that the weather is about perfect these days so it's great being outside. Progress should come quickly.

No comments: