Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Workout 17: 3-Miler

Pretty good overall today. Tried to go a little harder but still maintain my average HR within my range. It ended up being 3 miles at 10:15 avg pace and 164 avg HR. I broke the last mile down into half miles because I wanted to see what the last half mile (including a 400 meter hill) was doing to my run.

Mile Pace Avg Max
1- 10:06 161 172
2- 10:15 166 170
2.5- 4:52 168 171
3 - 5:37 168 174

I didn't really accomplish my goal totally though. The hill actually started before Nike+ told me that I only had 1/2 mile left. Also, the pollen was off the charts today. Parts per million hit 278 and 120+ is considered "VERY HIGH". My sinuses were making my head feel like it was going to explode all day. The run did help a little though.

I'm upping my Wednesday/Saturday runs from 5 to 6 miles starting this week. Sunday is 11. Good news is that my back hasn't hurt after a run since last Saturday, which is encouraging. Still waiting on my orthotics.

I also decided to add the applet from another challenge I'm in with Nike+. I like the competition on this one. The only problem is that I can't really just go out and run enough to win. I am going to stick to my training plan and keep my fingers crossed that it's enough to win.

No comments: